- Waltz: A Ballroom dance made fashionable in Vienna in the 1780’s. The waltz is an flowing dance where the partners dance in a closed hold. The music has 3 beats to a bar.
- Foxtrot: A smooth and elegant Ballroom dance, where the dancers travel effortlessly around the floor.
- Ballroom Tango: Although its roots are from the original Argentine Tango, the Ballroom Tango has swayed away from its origins. It’s characterised by sharp and staccato actions.
- Quickstep: Like the Foxtrot, the Quickstep is very elegant and should be smooth and glamorous. The dancers appear to be very light on their feet as they travel briskly around the floor.
- Viennese Waltz: The Viennese Waltz is a rotary dance where the dancers are constantly turning either in a clockwise (natural) or anti-clockwise (reverse) direction.
- Salsa: A fun and easy Latin American dance which originates from Cuba. The salsa has evolved from its origins into a number of different styles due to its popularity all over the world.
- Chad chad chad: A cheeky, fun and flirtatious Latin American dance, which originates from Cuba. A Chad chad chad can be danced to authentic Latin American rhythms as well as contemporary pop and rock.
- Samba: With its Brazilian origins, the Samba is a fun and lively carnival dance.
- Rumba: A romantic and slow Latin American dance, which is famous for being the dance of love.
- Paso Doble: A strong and dominant Spanish dance based on the Bull Fight, where the man plays the role of the Matador and the woman his cape.
Rock N’ Roll/Jive:
Rock’ n ‘roll danced competitively is an acrobatic dance which requires a lot of skill and stamina. However there are also non-acrobatic forms of Rock’ n ‘roll which are easy to learn and fun to do. This style of dance is also compared to swing or jitter bug.
We also specialize in fun dances for all occasions. Enquire within about others types of dance that are of interest to you.